The Senior System Administrator (SSA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Ongoing support of the Shared Citrix/XenApp server environment and the initial triage of hosting related support tickets – 50% of Total Work Effort.
- Responsible for the installation, testing, deployment, upgrade, DR and performance of the shared Citrix/XenApp environment 20% of Total Work Effort.
- Recommend information system changes based on best practices to support application and system requirements – 5% of Total Work Effort.
- Author technical level documentation on deployed solutions using Sharepoint, Visio, Excel and Word – 5% of Total Work Effort.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- 5-7 years system administration experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
- Decisions normally have a noticeable effect department-wide and company-wide, and judgment errors can typically require one to two weeks to correct or reverse.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org